We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
We're looking for people who can count!
- Permanent Full-time Role
- Perth CBD location overlooking Elizabeth Quay
- Diverse workforce comprising 9 partner practice and 60-70 employees
- Flexible work culture
- Ongoing training and support
A role at Pitcher Partners is more than a job. It’s a calling; an opportunity to grow; flexibility to enjoy your personal commitments; and recognition in a supportive community.
Pitcher Partners’ aspires to be the leading accounting, audit and advisory firm to middle market businesses. Our people are what makes us successful, so we provide an environment that enables you to perform at your best. Here, you’ll be encouraged to carve out a role that works for you and be rewarded for your contribution to shared successes.
Your new role
An opportunity is available for a full-time Senior Accountant to join our Perth Audit and Assurance team. This role will primarily provide accurate and timely audit services to our clients and assistance to the Audit and Assurance team.
- Responsible for contributing towards high level work for review from a diverse client base in the middle market including listed entities and large proprietary companies.
- Displays appropriate knowledge and understanding of client’s business to assist in developing an appropriate audit approach in compliance with Pitcher Partner’s Global Focus Audit Methodology.
- Read, understand and follow audit planning memo and audit program.
- Involvement in the planning phase of audit appropriate to level, developing audit plans as required.
- Undertake field work for financial and compliance audits including interim and final testing.
- Prepare work papers in accordance with Audit Methodology, preparation of clear and concise reports.
- Fully utilise Audit software program Caseware and advise junior staff on usage.
- Prepare statutory financial statements.
- Prepare basic tax computations.
- Apply computer simulations and computer assisted techniques in performing audit engagements.
- Draft technical memo's for manager and partner review.
- Provide feedback to staff on a regular basis during and at completion of assignments.
- Liaise with Managers to ensure jobs are reviewed and completed on time.
- Assistance with non-audit engagements, including due diligence, other advisory services (including consulting) and litigation support.
- Supervision of junior personnel.
What you bring
- CA/CPA Qualified | Minimum 3 years of audit experience ideally from a Big 4 or mid-tier firm, with first time pass results.
- Thorough working knowledge of accounting standards and tax, as well as a detailed understanding of the audit process and audit risk assessment.
- Ability to prepare work paper files in accordance with firm and divisional standards and train junior staff in this regard.
- Proven ability to delegate lower level work to junior staff where it is cost effective.
- Recent experience in an Australian firm with listed companies.
Why we are the right fit for you
Pitcher Partners’ client base includes well-known international brands, family run businesses, government bodies and not-for-profit organisations, across a range of industries. You will work closely with clients to drive value, results and innovation, and benefit from:
- close interaction with partners;
- regular technical training and innovative professional development; and
- a supportive social environment and community projects.
Our people are inspired by diversity. If you embrace different ideas, welcome creativity, and are open to new ways of seeing business problems, you will discover a welcoming team who supports your career progression.
Apply now and make your career personal, at Pitcher Partners.
If you are a team player who is self-motivated, with excellent communication skills as well as having the right experience within an audit setting, then we would love to hear from you. Imagine your career at Pitcher Partners.
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This opportunity is only open to Permanent Residents and Australian Citizen.