Matthew is a partner/executive director of Pitcher Partners Melbourne and is responsible for leading the Corporate Governance Advisory service offering. He has been with Pitcher Partners and predecessor firms since 1982 and was admitted to the partnership in 1994.
Throughout his career, Matthew has acquired extensive knowledge and experience in providing sound commercial advice together with assistance with corporate and transaction services and has developed specialist knowledge of public company and large private business requirements having previously led the Corporate Finance division nationally.
Matthew has provided specialist services to clients across numerous industries including advising on a diverse range of assurance engagements, financial and governance reporting obligations and disclosures, investigating accountants and independent expert reports, capital raisings including stock exchange listings in Australia and overseas and through managed investment schemes, mergers and acquisitions, sale and business divestment, nancial analysis, due diligence investigations, viability investigations, development of business plans, feasibility studies and general business advice.
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate Governance with an emphasis on sound commercial advice
- Corporate advisory and transaction support due diligence, IPO’s, business acquisitions and diverstments and restructuring
- Advisory services: technical support, litigation support and forensic investigations
- Aged Care
- Building and construction
- Financial and investment
- Merchant banking
- Not for profit
- Property development
Memberships & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce (University of Melbourne)
- Fellow of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (FCA)
- Fellow of Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants (FCPA)
- Fellow of Governance Institute of Australia Ltd (FGIA)
- Fellow of Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (FCIS)
- Graduate of Australian Institute of Company Directors (GAICD)
27th October 2017
I’ve got a strong opinion that a lot of ASX directors don’t get paid
enough for the risks they confront. Why is this the case?
20th June 2017
Honest reflection is the cornerstone to identifying the need for change. We
have sought to support our health and aged care clients to undertake s...
14th March 2017
Our experience is that existing board and management structures, and the
skills they possess and experience they represent as compared to the ...
Services & Specialisations
In today’s complex and regulated corporate environment, it is crucial for organisations ...Discover More
Every transaction, no matter what its size, is key to the growth or succession of a busine...Discover More
Pitcher Partners has a strong reputation for providing quality independent audit and assur...Discover More
Scaling new heights and exploring opportunities is at the heart of every business journey....Discover More
The business structure should balance between your short and long term objectives, success...Discover More
Forward thinking businesses who strive to maintain competitiveness or achieve strategic gr...Discover More
Back to People
Forging the future of your business beyond the boundaries of today requires strategic plan...Discover More