Matthew leads our Corporate Finance Practice in Perth and has extensive experience in corporate advisory, M&A and equity and debt capital markets in Australia, EMEA and the America’s. He has held senior executive and board positions in both small and large cap companies and has advised on corporate transactions across a broad range of industry sectors.
Matthew was previously an Executive Director, Mergers and Acquisitions at global advisory firm Ernst & Young. Prior to this he spent eight years with Rio Tinto Limited in a number of senior management and finance roles and four years in London in corporate finance and investment banking.
Most recently he was a Director of a boutique private equity and advisory firm and Head of Corporate Development for a listed resources company.
Matthew’s combination of professional and commercial experience gives him a clear appreciation of the issues faced by boards and business owners during a transaction.
Areas of Expertise
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Divestments
- Cross Border Transactions
- Capital Raisings, IPO’s and Capital Markets Advice
- Strategic advice
- Financial analysis, valuation & due diligence
- Professional Qualifications and Memberships
- Mining and Resources
- Oil and gas
- Energy and Renewables
- Financial services
- Emerging Markets
Memberships & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Australian Society of Certified Practicing Accountants
- Financial Services Institute of Australia
3rd May 2016
.. Key facts and figures:
* 258 M&A deals were announced in 2015, up 17% on 2014
* Disclosed deal values in 2015 totalled $14.0bn, up 5% on 2014...
Services & Specialisations