Innis is a partner with the Business Recovery and Insolvency division of Pitcher Partners with expertise in the investigation and administration of complex corporate and personal insolvencies.
Prior to joining Pitcher Partners, Innis worked for over a decade as a lawyer in private practice specialising in personal and corporate insolvency, commercial law and commercial litigation.
Innis has been at the forefront of numerous public examinations in complex national and international insolvencies and is actively engaged with significant industry stakeholders. With a particular focus on the investigation of fraud and setting aside asset planning structures, Innis has managed a number of Australia’s largest personal insolvency matters. Innis has concurrently managed numerous corporate liquidations, corporate and property receiverships and Part X Personal Insolvency Agreements.
In addition to insolvency administration, Innis is regularly engaged to:
- Review asset planning structures and provide advice on the risks they present
- Provide advice and solutions for companies and individuals facing financial distress including options for recovery and turnaround
- Assist those facing the consequences of personal or corporate insolvencies to understand their rights and formulate practical and commercial solutions
Innis is a passionate advocate for insolvency law reform, particularly in personal insolvency and phoenix offending. Innis is an enthusiastic and regular presenter around Victoria on all his areas of practice and expertise.
Areas of Expertise
- Bankruptcies including pre-appointment advice
- Part X controlling trusteeships & Personal Insolvency Agreements (PIAs)
- Corporate insolvencies
- Asset tracing and investigation
- Creditor support and advice
- Litigation support
- Debt recovery
- Safe Harbor
Memberships & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Laws (Bond University)
- Masters of Laws (University of Melbourne)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Member of Law Institute of Victoria
- Full member - Australian Restructuring Insolvency and Turnaround Association
25th July 2018
Lawyers and accountants are regularly asked to advise clients about the steps
they should take to shield their assets from the risks of financial ...
19th April 2018
.. The Proposed Reform
The federal government is proposing reforms to personal bankruptcy law. If
passed, allbankrupts will be automatically d...
Services & Specialisations