Carmela is a Senior Manager in the Business Recovery and Insolvency Services division of Pitcher Partners. Carmela has over 12 years’ experience in respect of all forms of formal
and informal corporate and personal insolvencies.
Other experience includes the provision of a variety of forms of commercial litigation support. Carmela has provided forensic accounting services to solicitors and accountants and has investigated a number of entities involved in the misappropriation of significant funds, asset tracing and fraud investigations.
- A large-scale funds and asset tracing investigation through the liquidation of a transport company, involving fraud and the misappropriation of over $7 million of public monies, including instructing legal advisers in respect of public examinations and litigation to recover assets for the benefit of creditors.
- Voluntary administration of a corporate trustee with significant real property holdings, involving the formulation of a Deed of Company Arrangement to resolve a matrimonial property settlement and the realisation of sufficient real property to ensure that all creditors received 100 cents in the dollar.
- Court appointed liquidation of a café involving the ongoing trading of the business to effect the settlement of a sale of business transaction and continuation of the business as a going concern.
Areas of Expertise
- Corporate insolvencies including receiverships, liquidations, voluntary administrations and Deed of
- Company Arrangement
- Insolvency and restructuring advice
- Litigation support
- Debt recovery
- Solvency assessments
- Real Property
- Professional services
- Property development
- Cafes and Restaurants
Memberships & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting)/Bachelor of Laws (Deakin University)
- Member of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CAANZ)
- Insolvency Education Program (ARITA/University of Southern Queensland)
Services & Specialisations