Alexis is a partner in the Tax Consulting division at Pitcher Partners with over 19 years experience providing taxation advice to a large number of corporate clients.
Alexis leads the Pitcher Partners’ national association’s Tax Technical division and is heavily involved in consultations with the Australian Taxation Office and the Federal Treasury.
He has been a member of the Board of Taxation Advisory Panel, which has reviewed and provided advice to the Government on the new Managed Investment Trust Regime, the Collective Investment Vehicle Regime, the review of the Trust Provisions, the Tax Consolidation Regime review (including the Rights to Future Income interim review) and more recently the review of Division 7A.
Alexis joined Pitcher Partners in 2010 having been a partner in a Big Four accounting practice. In his previous role, Alexis specialised in corporate taxation issues, focusing on finance
and investment and tax consolidation. Alexis is a frequent speaker on corporate taxation topics.
- Managed funds and banking
- Property and construction
- Water and energy
- Government Owned and Exempt Entities
Memberships & Qualifications
- Bachelor of Business (Accounting) (RMIT University)
- Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia (ICAA)
- Affiliate of the Taxation Institute of Australia
- Member of and former Chair of the Tax Technical Committee of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia (ICAA)
- Australian Taxation Office Liaison Groups - member of: - National Tax Liaison Group (NTLG) Main Group - NTLG Consolidations Sub Group - NTLG Finance and Investment Sub Group - NTLG Taxation of Financial Arrangements Sub Group - NTLG Division 7A Sub Group
- Board of Taxation - member of: - MIT Review - Collective Investment Vehicles Review - Tax Consolidation Review - Division 7A Review,
9th June 2017
.. A. About the toolkit
The tax planning toolkit is split into a number of sections, covering income,
deductions, trusts, companies, partnerships...
25th May 2017
From 1 July 2017, Australian Financial Institutions will need to start
applying the Common Reporting Standard (“*CRS*”) in Austr...
11th May 2017
.. It is therefore critical for MITs who have not yet elected into the regime
to consider this as a priority and act now!
.... Why should I act...
25th November 2016
The Government has listened to the Senate Submission made by Pitcher Partners
(read our submission ), and has made the Bill (click here ) mo...
12th September 2016
“There is a problem that creates a higher tax burden for SMEs moving to the
new company tax rates,” said Kokkinos.
“Whilst the Government i...
15th June 2016
.... A. Why is an extension of time required?
In order to be eligible to elect into the AMIT regime, a qualifying Fund must
be one where the inve...
31st May 2016
The document is split into a number of sections, covering income, deductions,
trusts, companies, partnerships, individuals, CGT, finance issues,
30th May 2016
The new Attribution Managed Investment Trust (*AMIT*) legislation has now
passed into law. The new provisions can be early adopted by qualifying...
20th April 2016
Despite the unimaginative name, its pages set out new laws that, if passed,
will make innovation, risk-taking and entrepreneurship the cornerstone...
15th March 2016
“The biggest issue we see when dealing with clients in the fintech startup
space is that, put simply, they’re cash poor.
“The regulatory re...
4th March 2016
In the lead up to this federal budget we’re hearing a lot about changes to
superannuation and negative gearing, addressing tax minimisation and ...
16th February 2016
.... A. Release of legislation for Small Business Entity restructure
The Government has introduced Tax Laws Amendment (Small ...
Services & Specialisations