Alan has over 20 years’ experience advising private and listed clients on their corporate transactions.
With a demonstrated track record in business, intangible asset and option valuations, Alan has a deep understanding of business drivers, competitive positioning and the market environment.
Skilled in advising on M&A transactions, Alan enjoys the personal challenge of thinking outside the square to tackle challenges and deliver pragmatic solutions.
Alan’s advisory work is supported by experience gained serving on various Boards / Advisory Boards, as well as the State Leadership Group of Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).
Industry appointments include the Expert’s Panel of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and the Valuations Taskforce of the Accounting Professional & Ethical Standards Board.
Areas of expertise
Alan specialises in:
- Valuations of businesses, intangible assets, options and other financial instruments for the purposes of M&A, taxation and financial reporting;
- Strategic value advice to enhance business value;
- Corporate advice in relation to M&A, divestments, joint ventures and restructuring;
- Independent Expert’s Reports for ASX-listed company transactions; and
- Expert Opinions for litigation proceedings and dispute resolution purposes.
- Intellectual property
- Financial services
- Funds management
Memberships & Qualifications
- Fellow - Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)
- Expert’s Panel Member - Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand
- Taskforce Member - Accounting Professional & Ethical Standards Board
- Committee Member - Business Valuation Specialisation of Chartered Accountants
- State Leadership Group - JDRF
Services & Specialisations